Entrepreneurs Invited to Participate in BOOST National Idea Pitch Competition
BOOST is hosting the first National Idea Pitch Competition which started on January 12, 2021. BOOST is a virtual business incubator and accelerator programme launched by Invest Saint Lucia in September 2020 and this competition is one of its many initiatives towards developing the local entrepreneurial landscape and individuals with innovative. Creative business ideas are welcome to submit via www.boostsaintlucia.com.
Along with its key strategic partners, BOOST invites entrepreneurs or potential entrepreneurs to present an idea with a short description and reasoning. Five finalists will be selected by a panel of expert judges and will be inducted in to the second part of the competition, the National Business Development Programme.
The programme will assist entrepreneurs with cultivating their pitch ideas and develop them into fully functional businesses through a month-long incubation period. This would involve direct business development training, mentors, establishing a brand identity, business name registration, financial planning, marketing plan development, staffing requirements (if necessary), financial management, inventory and pricing management, and business location.
Following the incubation process, the five finalists will participate in a business plan pitch competition and the top three winners will be selected to gain further services and opportunities to grow their business.
The eligibility requirements are as follows:
• Must be a Saint Lucian national
• Must be 18 years or older
• Submitted ideas must reflect innovative and creative aspects that will help change or influence the business/client culture
• The innovation must arise from a wholly original idea not already implemented in a currently established business or it may involve the creation of a new commodity in an already existing enterprise
• Must be able to dedicate 3-4 hours a day during the National Business Development Programme incubation period
The submission deadline is February 5, 2021. Visit https://www.boostsaintlucia.com/nipc to submit business ideas. More information is also available on the submission page. The five finalists to move on to the National Business Development Programme will be announced on February 15, 2021.
BOOST welcomes Saint Lucians to join in on this inaugural activity and put your best foot forward as an entrepreneur or upcoming businessperson.